|Birthname||Rowlands, Virginia Catherine|
|born on||19 June 1930 at 11:22 (= 11:22 AM )|
|Place||Madison WI, USA, 43n04, 89w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°40' 01°35 Asc. 20°56'|
American actress, a talented blonde star of stage, screen and TV. Her success on Broadway in "Middle of the Night," 1956, led to a film debut two years later in "The High Cost of Loving." Her roles tended to be infrequent but memorable and she became best known for films directed by her husband, John Cassavetes.
Rowlands was nominated for an Academy Award as best actress for her performance in "A Woman Under the Influence" 1974 and "Gloria,"1980 and received the Best Actress award at the 1978 Berlin Film Festival for "Opening Night." She also received an Emmy for her portrayal of the first lady in the TV movie "The Betty Ford Story," released in 1987. An actress in over 25 movies, in 1997 she appeared in "She’s So Lovely."
On 2/03/1989, she was widowed by the death of Cassavetes from complications of cirrhosis.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1956 (Noted Broadway hit)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 (Film "A Woman Under the Influence")
- Work : Prize 1978 (Best Actress Award, Berlin Film Festival)
- Work : Prize 1987 (Emmy Award)
- Death of Mate 3 February 1989 (Husband died of complications from cirrhosis)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Director John Cassavetes)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV movies)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Actress, Berlin Film Festival)