|Birthname||Fred McFeely Rogers|
|born on||20 March 1928 at 08:20 (= 08:20 AM )|
|Place||Latrobe, Pennsylvania, 40n19, 79w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°42' 11°56 Asc. 15°26'|
American actor who specializes in children's TV under the name Mr. Rogers, a writer of children’s literature and a screenwriter and producer. The end of an era was marked on 8/31/2001 when Fred Rogers greeted youngsters for the last time on his PBS TV show, "Mister Rogers's Neighborhood." He's had a run of 34 years and the show’s producers hope to segue into reruns with little or no disruption for the 3- to 6-year-olds who consider the cardigan-wearing Rogers as family.
Rogers and his wife, concert pianist Joanne Byrd, both 73, have two grown sons and vacation at their home in Nantucket, MA. He plans to write more children’s books and expand a website that showcases his parenting advice. Originally trained and ordained as a minister, he said, "The general message of the Neighborhood is that the truth is best. If we can share ourselves with our kids in ways that aren't frightening to them, that's the greatest gift we can give anyone -- the gift of an honest self." His gentleness and decency gave several generations of children more than entertainment but nourishment for their growing characters.
Rogers died of cancer on the morning of February 27, 2003, in Pittsburgh, PA.
Steinbrecher quotes a letter from him 7/1991 for 8:20 AM. Originally a typo gave "3:20 a.m.", downgrading the rating to DD, but this has been corrected.
Ted PanDeva Zagar in the Mountain Astrologer Feb/1998 quotes him for the same, time recalled by his parents and maternal grandmother.
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (wife is a concert pianist)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Education : Other Education (TV host for children's programs)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Ordained minister)
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature