|Birthname||Margaretta Large Fitler|
|born on||9 June 1926 at 05:37 (= 05:37 AM )|
|Place||Lower Merion, Pennsylvania, 40n02, 75w18|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°50' 06°00 Asc. 02°09'|
American socialite, the wife of Nelson Rockefeller with whom she had two sons. She had four kids from her prior marriage to Dr. James Murphy, whom she left in 1963 to marry Nelson. Her husband, a multi-millionaire, became Governor of New York state and was Vice-President of the U.S. under Gerald Ford, 8/20/1974.
Happy had a double mastectomy in 1974, being declared cancer-free 10/18/1974, from which she survived in good health, an active advocate of early breast cancer detection. Since her husband died of a heart attack 1/26/1979, she has served on several corporate boards and was an alternate representative to the UN General Assembly in 1991-1992.
Biographer Cary Reich, author of "The Life of Nelson Rockefeller: Worlds to Conquer 1908-1958," writes that she spends much of her time with her grandchildren in her 70's.
- parent->child relationship with Rockefeller, Mark (born 26 January 1967)
- parent->child relationship with Rockefeller, Nelson Aldrich Jr (born 30 May 1964)
- spouse relationship with Rockefeller, Nelson (born 8 July 1908)
- Relationship : Marriage 1963 (Nelson Rockefeller)
- Health : Medical procedure 1974 (Double mastectomy)
B.C. in hand from Eugene Moore
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Breasts)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Double mastectomy)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Nelson Rockefeller)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (1979)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Notable : Famous : Socialite
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women