Rilke, Rainer Maria
|Birthname||Rene Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke|
|born on||3 December 1875 at 23:50 (= 11:50 PM )|
|Place||Prague, Czech Republic, 50n05, 14e26|
|Timezone||LMT m14e26 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°25' 16°47 Asc. 15°33'|
Austrian writer, a lyric poet preoccupied with the problems of God and death. His work includes the posthumous publication "Journey of My Other Self," 1930 and "Poems from the Book of Hours," 1941.
His mom wanted a girl and raised him as a girl, in dresses and curls until he was seven when she sent him to military school, an abrupt and disturbing change.
In 1901, he married the sculptress Klara Westoff for a brief time and they had a daughter, Ruth. In Paris in 1902, he met sculptor Auguste Rodin, who influenced his work greatly, working as Rodin's secretary 1905-1906. From 1910, Rilke lived in castle in Italy, Munich through WW I, moving to Switzerland in 1919.
Suffering from leukemia, Rilke died of blood poisoning from the prick of a rose thorn 12/29/1926, Valmont, Switzerland.
Prague at the time of his birth was part of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire and Rilke's work was written in German.
- associate relationship with Hull, R. F. C. (born 5 March 1913). Notes: Translator
- associate relationship with Ullmann, Rega (born 14 December 1884). Notes: Penpal
- friend relationship with Pozzi, Catherine (born 13 July 1882)
- lover relationship with Andreas-Salomé, Lou (born 12 February 1861)
Marian Glunz quotes his mom in Astrology No.34 "just before midnight."
Sy Scholfield quotes similar data in Daniel Joseph Polikoff, "In the Image of Orpheus: Rilke: A Soul History" (Wilmette, IL: Chiron Publications, 2011): "In a recollection written on the occasion of the poet's forty-seventh birthday, Phia Rilke remembered the circumstances of her son's birth: 'It was a holiday season bright with memories, ushered in on the 3rd of December . . . At around eight o'clock I suddenly felt so unwell that we asked the indispensable madame to make an evening call. . . Around midnight, the very hour at which our Savior was born . . . and as it was going on Saturday, suddenly there you were, a child of Mary!'"
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Leukemia)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Multiple Personality (His mom raised him as a girl)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Sculptress Klara Wetoff)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Blood Poisoning)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book