Richard II, King of England
|born on||6 January 1367 Jul.Cal. (14 Jan 1367 greg.) at 10:10 (= 10:10 AM )|
|Place||Bordeaux, France, 44n50, 0w34|
|Timezone||LMT m0w34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°15' 28°44 Asc. 22°21'|
British royalty, the successor of his grandfather, Edward II, when he was six months old. He declared himself of age on 5/03/1389 at age twelve and for the next eight years ruled as a moderate constitutional monarch. When his first wife died, Richard II married the French king's daughter Isabella in 1396 and he appeared to adopt the French manners, customs and tastes.
In July 1399, while he was on a visit to Ireland, there was a coup when one of his nobles landed an army in England, and upon his return Richard was imprisoned in the Tower of London, 8/19/1399. On September 20, he was forced to resign the Crown and he died in prison, assassinated on 2/14/1400.
- spouse relationship with Isabel de Valois, Queen (born 9 November 1389 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1389 greg.))
- homicide victim relationship with Thomas of Woodstock (born 4 January 1355 Jul.Cal. (12 Jan 1355 greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 1396 (Isabella)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 19 August 1399 (greg.) (Tower of London)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Lose social status 20 September 1399 (greg.) (Forced to resign crown)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey, Astrology Journal Winter/1967, "from records of the King's secretary, January 6, 1366/67 OS at ten of the clocke in the morning."
LMR quotes Harold F. Hutchinson, John Day Co, NY 1961, p.3, "Born at three o'clock on the morning of the twelfth day, Wednesday, Jan 6, 1367, in the abbey of Bordeaux." However; the footnote reads, "See Froissart, who was present, in his Chronicles (Globe Edition), Macmillan 1913,165; but on 472 he says the birth was at 10 o'clock on Tuesday morning." In his earlier account, he remembered that it was a Wednesday morning.
(Dana Holliday has the same date, 8:00 AM from a biography. In Modern Astrology, 3/1937, Wemyss gave 4/13/1366.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Institutionalized (Tower of London)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (First wife)
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Age 12)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Assassinated, age 33)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)