Richard I, King of England
|born on||8 September 1157 Jul.Cal. (15 Sep 1157 greg.) at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Oxford, England, 51n46, 1w15|
|Timezone||LMT m1w15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°40' 19°13 Asc. 24°05'|
British royalty, the fourth child and third son of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine. He became the richest landowner in England from his mother's wealth. In 1183 he became heir to the throne upon the death of his elder brother Henry and was king in 1189 upon the death of his father.
Reigning for ten years, he was called Richard the Lion Hearted for his fearless journeys to the Holy Land with the Crusades. During his entire reign, he was only in England for a total of six months. With a fierce temper, he loved battle and show but had no interest in politics. Richard was tall and fair, a courageous egotist.
He married Berengaria of Navarre, eight years younger, upon his mother's request but they had no children and the throne went to his brother John when Richard was killed during a siege of Chalus, France, of a crossbow wound that became gangrenous, 4/06/1199.
- Work : Gain social status 1183 (greg.) (Became heir to throne)
- Work : Gain social status 1189 (greg.) (Crowned King of England)
Martin Harvey, Nativitas I, "born at night, from bits and pieces of historic records." He noted, "Although a nocturnal birth is suddested in the evidence over-leaf, we do not know if it was early hours or late night on that Sunday." (September 08 OS)
Dana Holliday quotes Philip Henderson, "Richard Coeur de Leon," Norton, 1959, p.28 for same date, time unknown .
(Penfield in Aspects Summer/1993, "An old medieval biography gave the time of 3:00 AM." Not confirmed)
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Loved fighting, war)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Circulatory problems (Gangrene, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Shot by crossbow)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth child, third son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property (Rich in properties)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Richard the Lion Hearted)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (England)