|born on||9 September 1949 at 08:35 (= 08:35 AM )|
|Place||Paisley, Scotland, 55n50, 4w26|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°17' 07°06 Asc. 04°53'|
Scottish business executive, in control of an empire worth 40 million pounds and managing the greatest entertainment phenomenon of the latter 20th century, Elton John. By the turn of the century, Reid had been John's friend, lover, guru and manager for 30 years.
The son of a mill worker, Reid had one older brother. When he was age 10 to 12, they lived in New Zealand then returned home where he worked as a teen in a menswear shop. He was known as being aggressive, pugnacious and ambitious. Reid was a good student and joined the amateur dramatic company in school.
At 17, he took a job with EMI Records, cut his hair short and learned to wear smart suits with poise and savvy. Within two years, at 19, Reid took over the position of Motown's rep in London, a plum of a job. Socially, he played escort to his friend Barbara Windsor, a film star 20 years older than he.
In 1971, he met budding rock star Elton John, three years older and the two took a flat together. As Elton began his phenomenal rise in the '70s, Reid choreographed his appointments and performances and was the one steady focus throughout Elton's finances and romances. Though they did not continue living together, they maintained their business and personal closeness.
In 2005, he was a judge on the Australian version of "The X Factor".
- (has as) benefactor relationship with John, Elton (born 25 March 1947)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1971 (Met Elton John)
- Work : New Job 6 February 2005 (Judge on "The X Factor", Australian version)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Elton John for a while)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Represented John for 30 yrs)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Public relations
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Manager/ Agent (Manager for Elton John 30 years)