|Birthname||Redenbacher, Orville Clarence|
|born on||16 July 1907|
|Place||Brazil IN, USA, 39n31, 87w07|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°02' or|
American entrepreneur, the king of popcorn. A bright boy, he majored in agronomy and genetics at Purdue U., graduating in 1928. Orville married Corinne Strate in 1928; three daughters; 12 grandkids and three great-grandkids. A skinny Hoosier farm boy in horn-rimmed glasses, he grew up to become the expert of his generation on pop-corn, relating that it has been around for some 5,600 years since the Inca Indians. On the farm of his youth, they raised corn, soybeans, wheat, cows, hogs and chicken - and ate popcorn daily.
In 1952 he bought a small seed company and began selling agricultural supplies - but his passion remained the development of a hybrid popcorn that fluffed puffy and delicious. In 1970 they began to market their own product and within five years, it climbed to No.1 in the field.
- Relationship : Marriage 1928 (Corinne Strate)
- Work : Start Business 1952 (Small seed company)
- Social : End a program of study 1928 (Graduated from Purdue U.)
- Work : Gain social status 1970 (Products begin showing popularity)
LMR quotes media for date; time unknown
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three daughters, multiple grandchildren)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (King of popcorn)