Rasmussen, Anne Marie
|born on||10 June 1938 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Kristiansand, Norway, 58n10, 8e00|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°30' 15°54 Asc. 05°33'|
Norwegian-American news figure and artist. Blue-eyed, flaxen-haired, the daughter of a prosperous grocer, she was raised in Norway. At 18 she moved to New York by herself, taking a job as a kitchen maid for the Rockefellers. In traditional story-book fashion, she fell in love with the second son in the family, Steven, and they married in a posh, society wedding on 8/22/1959, Sogne, Norway.
The marriage lasted through ten years and three kids. Rasmussen was so troubled with depression that in the mid-70s the kids went to live with their dad while their mom had three nervous breakdowns. She briefly attempted another marriage, to a Norwegian-American businessman.
About 1978 a doctor prescribed Lithium and it changed her life. She emerged as a serious artist, working from pen and ink drawings to collages and some photography. She signs herself MIA, her nickname, selling her work for $200 to $700. In 1975 she published an autobiography "There Was Once a Time."
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1975 (Autobiography)
Lynne Palmer quotes her
- Traits : Body : Hair (Flaxen)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown (Three in mid '70s)
- Vocation : Art : Photography (Secondary)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (After ten years of marriage)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage (Married a Rockefeller)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Drawings, collages)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (There Was Once a Time)