|born on||12 January 1910 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Düsseldorf, Germany, 51n12, 6e47|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°31' 05°11 Asc. 00°34'|
German-born Austrian and American film actress, Oscar winner for the "Great Zeigfeld," 1936 and "The Good Earth," 1937. Her career rose and fell dramatically within a three year time period. Some blame her premature retirement on poor choice of roles by her studio, MGM and others on bad advice from her then husband, Clifford Odets.
Rainer was married to Clifford Odets 1937-1940 and a second marriage was to a publisher that she lived with in London.
She died shortly before her 105th birthday on 30 December 2014, in London.
- Work : Prize 1936 (Oscar award)
- Work : Prize 1937 (Second Oscar award)
Church of Light quotes Raphael's Almanac with date 12 January 1912, 3pm Vienna, Austria. That birth place was obviously wrong, as all other sources give Düsseldorf, Germany. Most online sources, citing her age of 104 on her death day, give 12 January 1910.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (nearly 105)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Two)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women