|Birthname||Gerome Bernard Ragni|
|born on||11 September 1935 at 04:15 (= 04:15 AM )|
|Place||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 40n26, 80w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||17°40' 26°13 Asc. 15°08'|
American actor, writer and co-writer of musicals, including "Hair" (with Jim Rado). His family was large; he had five sisters and two brothers. After graduation from Georgetown University and University of America, he studied acting, his first love. He had acted in high school and wanted to turn it into a career. .
In 1954 he made his stage debut in Washington, DC, playing Father Corr in "Shadow and Substance." He followed that with other roles in plays and minor parts in movies. The quintessential '60s musical "Hair" for which he co-wrote the music captured many awards. Hair was first produced at New York Shakespeare Festival Theatre, New York City, 1967. A year later it opened on Broadway and played for 1750 performances. The play went on international tour and was followed by the movie and a book as well as numerous revivals. His subsequent work didn't come close to the stir caused by "Hair."
In May 18, 1963 he married his wife Stephanie; they had one son Erick.
He died at age 48 of cancer on July 10, 1991 in New York City.
- associate relationship with Eaton, Sally (born 6 April 1947)
- associate relationship with Rado, James (born 23 January 1932). Notes: Co-writers of musical "Hair"
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1967 (Debut of "Hair")
- Financial : Gain significant money 1968 (from "Hair")
Date & place of birth from the internet movie database. Sy Scholfield quotes Ascendant Sign from the article "Rapping With Sally Eaton of Hair" by Sally Eaton in "Astrology Today Magazine" (circa 1970) as repinted on an official Hair website:
Eaton writes: "It turned out to be an audition for a little off Broadway musical called Hair.....The freak was Jerry(sic) Ragni, one-half of the authors. On the first day of rehearsal, I asked him what sign he was born under. He said "Virgo." He introduced me to his partner, Rado, a large blond man in denim. Rado is an Aquarian. Apparently, Rado's research into his own sign is responsible for the song Aquarius. Neither one of them will give me or anyone else their birth data, I guess because they're uptight about someone knowing how old they really are. Jerry says he's a Virgo with Leo rising, Moon in Aquarius. Jim Rado says he's Aquarius with Virgo rising, Moon in Leo. This seems like it might be right, incredible as it sounds."
NB: various biographical materials list his year of birth as 1942 but the Moon was in Virgo, not Aquarius, on that date. Scholfield notes that the chart is just like in the song "His Moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter is aligned with (conjunct) Mars." There are some reports of a different year but PT notes that the social security death index gives 1935. Shelley Ackerman reports that family members recall his birth "in the wee hours of the morning."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of eight children)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer