|Birthname||Robin Ophelia Quivers|
|born on||8 August 1952 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Baltimore, Maryland, 39n17, 76w37|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||15°45' 22°03 Asc. 06°23'|
American radio personality and author, co-host of Howard Stern’s nationally syndicated radio and cable television show. She authored a biography that detailed sexual abuse as a child.
Robin grew up in Baltimore, the second child of a steelworker father and a housewife mother. She has an older brother from whom she has been estranged, and two younger brothers. Her parents battled viciously, and she suffered from her mother’s unpredictable mood swings and beatings. Her father sexually abused her until the sixth-grader began sinking her teeth into his shoulder until he released her.
Quivers studied at the University of Maryland, graduating in 1974 with a nursing degree. But she didn’t like nursing and enlisted in the Air Force, where she served for 2-1/2 years. In 1979 she enrolled in the Broadcasting Institute of Maryland. A year later, she had her first radio job as a morning anchor at W100 in Carlisle, Pa. In 1981, she joined WWDC as a news reader on Howard Stern’s morning show in Washington.
Her autobiography, "Quivers" was published in 1995. She has appeared in several films, including "Private Parts," 1997, Stern’s story, where she appeared as herself.
She is a member of the Big Sisters/Little Sisters program.
After becoming disgusted with the way she looked and felt at her weight of 218 pounds, Givens began a "master cleanser" diet in October 2002. After three 21-day fasts, followed by small meals and a special concoction, consisting of lemon juice, water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper, she lost 70 pounds.
- (has as) boss relationship with Stern, Howard (born 12 January 1954)
- Social : End a program of study 1974 (Graduated with nursing degree)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1979 (Entered the Broadcasting Institute of Maryland)
- Work : New Job 1981 (Became a D.J. on morning program)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1995 (Autobiography, "Quivers" was released)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1997 (Appeared in "Private Parts")
- Health : Change in Appearance October 2002 (began diet in which she lost 70 pounds)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Shelley Ackerman quotes her
- Traits : Body : Weight (218 pounds in September 2002)
- Traits : Personality : Personality robust
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Incest (By dad)
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Physical/ Verbal (Mom beat her)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Parents fought continually)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of four)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Member Big Sisters-Little Sisters)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Minor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Ntnl. syndicated radio)
- Vocation : Medical : Nurse/ Nurse's Aids (R.N.)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Air Force)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Quivers)