|born on||27 May 1911 at 00:40 (= 12:40 AM )|
|Place||Saint Louis MO, USA, 38n37, 90w12|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°52' 20°52 Asc. 03°11'|
American actor and author who was best known for elegantly sophisticated horror roles. He also was known as an art expert and the author of cook books and art books.
Price was the son of a candy manufacturer. He tried the New York stage without much success, and then moved to England, where he continued his education, receiving a Masters in fine arts from the University of London. He toured Europe, enjoying the arts and cuisine, before returning to the U.S. to finish his bachelor's degree in art history from Yale.
An on-stage debut in 1935 led to films by 1938. He built a career of over 100 movies, most of which were sophisticated horror roles, his preference. He remarked that, "I'd never turn down a villain role, they're the most fun."
For some years he was an art consultant for Sears Roebuck Co.
Price was married three times and had two children. His last marriage was to Coral Browne and lasted until her death in May 1991.
Died of lung cancer on 10/25/1993, Los Angeles, CA.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1935 (On-stage debut)
- Social : End a program of study 1935 (Masters Degree in Fine Arts)
- Relationship : Marriage 1938 (10 years with Edith Barrett)
- Relationship : Marriage 1949 (24 years with Mary Grant)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1973 (Performed in "Theatre of Blood")
- Relationship : Marriage 1974 (Last marriage, Coral Browne, 17 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Appearance in "Edward Scissorhands")
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher. (Formerly, MacKenzie quotes him by letter for 00:10 AM)
- Traits : Body : Size (Tall, 6' 4")
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (London and Yale)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung, terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Business : Consultant (Art)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Over 100 movies)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theater, secondary to film)
- Vocation : Writers : How To .... (Cook books)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Fine Arts)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book