|Birthname||Prada Bianchi, Maria|
|born on||10 May 1948 at 04:30 (= 04:30 AM )|
|Place||Milano, Italy, 45n28, 9e12|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||19°20' 01°47 Asc. 08°45'|
Italian noted fashion designer. Prada trained briefly as an actress and earned her PhD in Political Science. But at age 28, she took over the Milan-based luxury leather goods company that her grandfather had founded in 1913. Although she initially was somewhat reluctant to step into the position of head designer, she created a line of handbags in 1985 that made a huge impact in the fashion world. Prada bags quickly became the accessory of choice for fashion models and movie stars.
Her 1989 ready-to-wear collection for fall-winter was critically acclaimed, and in 1992, she debuted a new label with clothing inspired by her personal wardrobe and called the line, "Miu Miu," her own nickname. She won the Council of Fashion Designers of America International Award in 1993. During 1994, she opened a boutique in London and had her first show in New York.
In 1978, she met the industrialist Patrizio Bertelli, owner of Luna Rossa, at a trade show, and he soon became CEO of Prada. While initially a business "match," constant contact between the two became personal, and they married eight years later. They have two sons.
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1978 (Patrizio Bertelli)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Designed new line of handbags)
- Relationship : Marriage 1986 (Patrizio Bertelli)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Ready-to-wear collection)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Debuted new label)
- Work : Prize 1993 (Council of Fashion Designers of America International Award)
- Work : Start Business 1994 (Boutique in London)
Bordoni quotes B.C., Datanotizia No.34 11/2000
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in Politcal Science)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Patrizio Bertelli)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Noted designer)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Council of Fashion Designers of America International Award)