|Birthname||Thomas Gordon Poston|
|born on||17 October 1921 at 21:40 (= 9:40 PM )|
|Place||Columbus, Ohio, 39n58, 83w0|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°13' 08°19 Asc. 16°52'|
American actor whose medium was television, appearing on a half-dozen varied series. He won an Emmy as Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy series for "The Steve Allen Show," 1959. He became known for his endearing comedy characterization of a bumbling man-on-the-street, forgetful and somewhat irritating. In truth, Poston was a fine dramatic actor which he demonstrated in a number of stage parts and TV playhouse roles. As the '60s progressed, he finally went the way of his best plaudits and began appearing mostly in comedy, settling into the "Bob Newhart Show" in 1982.
His first marriage to Jean Sullivan in 1955 ended in 1968. The marriage produced one child, a daughter. He married for the second time in 1968, this time to Kay Hudson. Together they had two children, a son and a daughter and their second union lasted until her death on July 10, 1998. On May 11, 2001 he got married for the fourth time to actress Suzanne Pleshette whom he had met 30 years earlier..
Poston died on April 30, 2007 at his Los Angeles home after a brief, unspecified illness at age 85 according to his obituaries.
- business associate/partner relationship with Newhart, Bob (born 5 September 1929). Notes: Co-stars on "Newhart"
- spouse relationship with Pleshette, Suzanne (born 31 January 1937)
- Relationship : Marriage 1955 (to Jean Sullivan)
- Work : Prize 1959 (Best Supporting Actor Emmy)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1968 (From Sullivan)
- Relationship : Marriage 1968 (Kay Hudson)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1975 (From Hudson)
- Relationship : Marriage 1980 (Again to Kay Hudson)
- Work : New Job 1982 (Appeared in the "Bob Hewhart Show")
Marc Penfield states B.C. unconfirmed
StarIQ report gives 10/17/1927. His obituaries gave his age at death in 2007 as 85, supporting the1921 year of birth.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV strongest medium)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Steve Allen Show, Bob Newhart Show)