|born on||18 June 1913 at 15:50 (= 3:50 PM )|
|Place||New York NY, USA, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°58' 28°27 Asc. 13°19'|
American writer and economist. She switched her major in college to economics when her mom lost her entire savings in the stock crash of '29 as she wanted to know how this had happened. By the age of 19 she was writing a magazine column on the stock market. Noted for over 40 million readers under the name of S.F. Porter, she also was the author of "Sylvia Porter's Money Book" in 1977. From the beginning, Porter had a remarkable talent for turning the mysteries of economics into readable, straightforward and sometimes humorous prose.
She married Reed Porter, a Banker, and had one daughter and a step-son.
Porter died of emphysema 6/05/1991, Pound Ridge, N.Y.
- Death by Disease June 1991 (Emphysema, age 77)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1977 (Book released)
Joan McEvers quotes Robert Jansky for B.C.
- Vocation : Business : Economist
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Stock market analysis)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One step-son)