|born on||7 December 1897 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Bettola, Italy, 44n47, 9e36|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°14' 21°48 Asc. 08°07'|
Italian-born French World War I veteran. When he died just outside Paris on March 12, 2008 at age 110, he was the last poilu from France and the oldest-living man in France.
Born to a large poor family with seven children, he made his way to France as a young lad. He took on odd jobs including that of a chimney sweep. He joined the First Regiment de Marche of the French Foreign Legion as a young teen (differing reports give age 14 and 16) and fought with the French at the outbreak of WWI. Because he was still a citizen of Italy, he was later conscripted by the Italian military when that country joined the fighting. After the war he returned to France and became a citizen in 1939.
- associate relationship with Pérignon, Henri (born 14 October 1879)
- compare to chart of Cazenave, Louis (de) (born 16 October 1897)
- compare to chart of Vocanson, Philippe (born 20 October 1904)
Paddy de Jabrun quotes birth certificate
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family large
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military service (for France and Italy)