Ponti, Carlo Jr.
|born on||29 December 1968 at 08:53 (= 08:53 AM )|
|Place||Ginebra, Switzerland, 46n12, 6e09|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°41' 08°31 Asc. 15°15'|
Italian noted family member and conductor who began his career in 1994 when he attended the Conductors Institute in Hartford, CT under the direction of Harold Farbermann. An acclaimed pianist, he continued his conducting studies at UCLA, receiving a master's degree in 1997. He has also studied with maestros Zubin Mehta and Audrey Boreyko, and since 1998 has studied at the Vienna Music Academy.
He made his debut in 1996 in Los Angeles with the UCLA Philharmonic and was associate conductor of the orchestra from 1996 to 1998. His professional debut in 1998 with the Russian National Orchestra in Moscow met with critical praise. Subsequently, he was invited to conduct a number of prestigious orchestras in the U.S., Russia and Europe. On 3/25/2000 he directed the San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra at a black-tie concert and dinner at the California Theatre of Performing Arts.
From a noted family, he is the son of Sophia Loren and her husband Carlo Ponti. Strikingly handsome, he is a resident of Vienna when he is not on tour.
On 3/10/2001, Carlo returned to San Bernardino to lead the Symphony as their permanent conductor.
His father died January 9, 2007 in Geneva.
- child->parent relationship with Loren, Sophia (born 20 September 1934)
- child->parent relationship with Ponti, Carlo (born 11 December 1912)
- sibling relationship with Ponti, Edoardo (born 6 January 1973)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Debuted with the UCLA Philharmonic)
- Social : End a program of study 1997 (UCLA Masters degree in conducting)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1998 (Has studied with the Vienna Music Academy)
- Work : New Job 1998 (Debuted with the Russian Ntnl. Orchestra)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 25 March 2000 at 12:00 noon in San Bernardino, CA (Appeared with the San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bordoni quotes Oggi magazine, news report
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Masters from UCLA)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent family)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Mom, dad)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of two boys)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Europe, Russia and U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano)