|born on||19 May 1925|
|Place||Kompong Thom Province, Cambodia, 12n42, 104e54|
|Timezone||AWST h8e (is standard time)|
Cambodian politician, a dictator responsible for the deaths of about two million Cambodians during his rule from 1976-79. He turned Cambodia's lush countryside into a vast death camp before surrendering to defectors from his fast disintegrating Khmer Rouge movement on 6/18/1997. Rumored to be seriously ill, he has not been seen to the outside world since he and his followers fled the capital in 1979. A ragged handful of followers surrendered with him. His surrender may have been forced due to lack of food and medical supplies. He is believed to have been married in 1986 to a woman known as Sar, who surrendered with him.
Remnants of his genocidal rule are found in the mounds of skulls still being unearthed all over Cambodia. The 1984 film "The Killing Fields" spread the story of the terror inflicted during his Maoist-inspired regime's frenzied bit to create an agrarian utopia.
Pol Pot died near Anlong Veng, Cambodia on 04/15/1998.
- Death, Cause unspecified 15 April 1998 at 12:00 noon in Anlong Veng, Cambodia (Age 72)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change residence 1979 (Fled capital to avoid persecution)
Transit May 1998 quotes a news source for the date; time unknown. Pam Rogowski gives 5/25/1928 in The Southern Astrologer Sept/1998.
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (Dictator of Cambodia)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide serial (Killed millions)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Psychotic Episode (Killed millions of Cambodians)