Plata, Manitas de
|born on||7 August 1921 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Sete, France, 43n24, 3e41|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°15' 03°05 Asc. 21°29'|
French musician, a guitarist known as the "King of Flamenco." Born Ricardo Baliardo, Plata was the son of Gustave "Chocolat" Baliardo and had one brother, Hippolyte, and one sister, Tali. He began his professional career in 1961 after being discovered by Lucien Clergue. He first recorded with two singers, José Reyes, and Manéro Baliardo, his son.
He sold a lot of albums through the world: 93 millions!
Plata’s six children were Manéro, Antonio, Tcha, Fernando, Christiane and Carmen. His grandson, Yanis, Antonio’s son, is a guitarist who plans to follow in Plata’s famous footsteps.
- friend relationship with Brassens, Georges (born 22 October 1921)
- friend relationship with Dali, Salvador (born 11 May 1904)
- friend relationship with Picasso, Pablo (born 25 October 1881)
- compare to chart of Rodriguez, Alberto (born 7 August 1921)
- Work : New Career 1961 (Pro musician)
Daisy van de Vin quotes B.C. in Quintile No.26
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Son of Gustave Baliardo)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitarist)