Philip II, King of Spain
|born on||21 May 1527 Jul.Cal. (31 May 1527 greg.) at 15:57 (= 3:57 PM )|
|Place||Valladolid, Spain, 41n39, 4w43|
|Timezone||LMT m4w43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°54' 27°22 Asc. 29°13'|
Spanish royalty, the son of Emperor Charles V. Fair and pale, dutiful and serious-minded, Philip was a good horseman and methodical by nature. He first married a Portuguese princess who died two years later in childbirth. The son who survived was ugly and eccentric, immature, stammering and violent. A political disaster, he died in 1568.
Philip's second marriage was to Mary Tudor of England in 1554. A 38-year-old virgin, Mary loved the 27-year-old Philip passionately. While she was well liked, Protestants viewed her with suspicion that turned into unrest when she married the Catholic Philip. As her reign progressed, Mary's behavior became more bizarre. She did not have the hoped-for male child, and the handsome Philip deserted her.
When his father abdicated in 1556, Philip took the throne from where he successfully waged his wars. His third marriage was happily to a French princess who bore him two daughters. After her death in 1568, he was married a fourth time to Princess Anna of Austria in 1570, who had been betrothed to his son (who died two years prior). He was then 43 and Anna was 21; they had five kids: Fernando, 1571; Carlos Lorenzo, 1573; both of whom died young; Philip, 1578, who succeeded his father in 1598; and a daughter, 1580, who also died. Anna herself died in 1580, age 31.
Philip died 9/13/1598, Madrid, Spain.
- child->parent relationship with Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (born 24 February 1500 Jul.Cal. (5 Mar 1500 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Anna, Queen of Spain (born 1 November 1549 Jul.Cal. (11 Nov 1549 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth, Queen Consort of Spain (1545) (born 2 April 1545 Jul.Cal. (12 Apr 1545 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Mary, Queen of England (born 18 February 1516 Jul.Cal. (28 Feb 1516 greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 1554 (Second wife, Mary Tudor)
- Work : New Career 1556 (King of Spain)
- Death of Child 1558 (Son of first wife)
- Death of Mate 1568 (Third wife)
- Death of Mate 1580 (Anna, fourth wife, died)
Martin Harvey quotes historic records, May 21, 1527 OS, 4:00 PM LAT. (Same data in Modern Astrology 11/1936, quoting Notable Nativities No.548; Penfield Collection as "recorded.")
- Traits : Personality : Passive/ Bland (Dutiful, serious)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Two wives died)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Eight from three wives)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Death of son)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Horseman)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Spain)