Felipe II, King of Spain
|born on||21 May 1527 Jul.Cal. (31 May 1527 greg.) at 15:57 (= 3:57 PM )|
|Place||Valladolid, Spain, 41n39, 4w43|
|Timezone||LMT m4w43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°54' 27°22 Asc. 29°13'|
Spanish royalty, the son of Emperor Charles V. Fair and pale, dutiful and serious-minded, Philip was a good horseman and methodical by nature. He first married a Portuguese princess who died two years later in childbirth. The son who survived was ugly and eccentric, immature, stammering and violent. A political disaster, he died in 1568.
Philip's second marriage was to Mary Tudor of England in 1554. A 38-year-old virgin, Mary loved the 27-year-old Philip passionately. While she was well liked, Protestants viewed her with suspicion that turned into unrest when she married the Catholic Philip. As her reign progressed, Mary's behavior became more bizarre. She did not have the hoped-for male child, and the handsome Philip deserted her.
When his father abdicated in 1556, Philip took the throne from where he successfully waged his wars. His third marriage was happily to a French princess who bore him two daughters. After her death in 1568, he was married a fourth time to Princess Anna of Austria in 1570, who had been betrothed to his son (who died two years prior). He was then 43 and Anna was 21; they had five kids: Fernando, 1571; Carlos Lorenzo, 1573; both of whom died young; Philip, 1578, who succeeded his father in 1598; and a daughter, 1580, who also died. Anna herself died in 1580, age 31.
Philip died 9/13/1598, Madrid, Spain.
- parent->child relationship with Carlos, Prince of Asturias (born 8 July 1545 Jul.Cal. (18 July 1545 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Catalina Micaela, Duchess Consort of Savoy (born 10 October 1567 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Diego, Prince of Asturias (born 12 July 1575 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1575 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Felipe III, King of Spain (born 14 April 1578 Jul.Cal. (24 Apr 1578 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Fernando, Prince of Asturias (born 4 December 1571 Jul.Cal. (14 Dec 1571 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Isabel Clara Eugenia, Infanta of Spain (born 12 August 1566 Jul.Cal. (22 Aug 1566 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (born 24 February 1500 Jul.Cal. (5 Mar 1500 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Isabel of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress (born 25 October 1503 Jul.Cal. (4 Nov 1503 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Anna, Queen of Spain (born 1 November 1549 Jul.Cal. (11 Nov 1549 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth, Queen Consort of Spain (1545) (born 2 April 1545 Jul.Cal. (12 Apr 1545 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Mary, Queen of England (born 18 February 1516 Jul.Cal. (28 Feb 1516 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria of Austria, Holy Roman Empress (born 21 June 1528 Jul.Cal. (1 July 1528 greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 1554 (Second wife, Mary Tudor)
- Work : New Career 1556 (King of Spain)
- Death of Child 1558 (Son of first wife)
- Death of Mate 1568 (Third wife)
- Death of Mate 1580 (Anna, fourth wife, died)
Martin Harvey quotes historic records, May 21, 1527 OS, 4:00 PM LAT. (Same data in Modern Astrology 11/1936, quoting Notable Nativities No.548; Penfield Collection as "recorded.")
Sy Scholfield quotes 4:15pm from "Monarquia de Espanña, Volume 2" by Pedro Salazar de Mendoza and Gil González Dávila (J. Ibarra, 1770), p. 116: "Nació en la Villa de Valladolid del Reyno de Castilla la Vieja en 21 dias del mes de Mayo, Martes á las 4 horas y 15 minutos de la tarde, en el año de 1527."
Translation: Born in the town of Valladolid in the Kingdom of Castile on 21 May, Tuesday at 4:15 in the afternoon, in the year 1527.
- Traits : Personality : Passive/ Bland (Dutiful, serious)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Two wives died)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Eight from three wives)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Death of son)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Horseman)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Spain)