|born on||25 August 1931|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°29' or|
American TV host who, after years of popularity on a TV talk show, "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee," hit superstardom with his hit TV game show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"
Regis was married to Kay Faylan 1957-1968; two kids and to Joy Senese in 1970. He began his career as a news anchor in San Diego, 1960-1964 and as host of the Regis Philbin Show in 1961; syndicated 1964-1965.
Philbin announced on March 12, 2007 that he was about to undergo a cardiac bypass operation. He underwent hip replacement surgery December 1, 2009.
On January 18, 2011 he announced his upcoming retirement from his popular television show, "Live with Regis and Kelly." He plans to leave the show in the summertime after more than 25 years of co-hosting. He later announced that the date of his last show would be November 18, 2011.
- business associate/partner relationship with Gifford, Kathie Lee (born 16 August 1953)
- Relationship : Marriage 1957 (To Kay Faylan)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1968 (From Kay Faylan)
- Relationship : Marriage 1970 (To Joy Senese)
LMR quotes media for date 25 August 1933, time unknown (LMR spec 11:21 PM).
Upon reader feedback, atr changes date to 1931, which is more widely reported than 1933. There is no reason to assume that his big 80th birthday publicity in 2011 was a fake.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Live with Regis & Kathie Lee, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire)