|born on||3 June 1945 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||12°37' 13°18 Asc. 07°11'|
American film producer, and former hair stylist. The son of a Cherokee Indian cook and an Italian hairdresser, he grew up a wild kid, doing time in reform school and dropping out of school. He was on his own by the time he was 12 in New York City where he worked in a hair salon. At 14 he returned to California with a 15-year-old wife. With borrowed money he established the elegant Jon Peters Salon on Rodeo Drive and built up to a multimillion-dollar empire of beauty shops and cosmetic products.
In 1967 he made a second marriage, to actress Lesley Ann Warren, and took charge of her career. He met Barbra Streisand in 1974 when she hired him as her personal hairdresser for the film "For Pete's Sake." Their professional relationship became personal and after a divorce in 1975, he became her lover, manager, and film and record producer. Following the success of his first production, "A Star is Born," 1976, he focused entirely on film, putting out a number of minor productions.
In 1979, Peters teamed up with Peter Guber to form one of the most successful teams in Hollywood history, a collaboration which led to their co-chairmanship of Columbia Pictures.
In 1991, Peters quit his executive post to pursue independent productions.
- lover relationship with Streisand, Barbra (born 24 April 1942)
- Relationship : Marriage 1967 (Second marraige Lesley Ann Warren)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1975 (Personal and business with Barbra Streisand)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 (Produced "A Star is Born")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1979 (Teamed with Peter Guber for production co.)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1991 (Independant production company)
Dana Holliday quotes him, client
- Traits : Body : Race (Cherokee Indian and Italian)
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (Dropped out at age 12)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Barbra Streisand)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two, first marriage at age 14)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Vocation : Beauty : Personal care provider (Hairdresser)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Jon Peters Salon)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Own production company)