|Birthname||Charlotte Victorine Perriand|
|born on||24 October 1903 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LST m2e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°31' 12°06 Asc. 20°03'|
French architect and designer. Her work aimed to create functional living spaces in the belief that better design helps in creating a better society. She states “The extension of the art of dwelling is the art of living- living in harmony with man’s deepest drives and with his adopted or fabricated environment”
Perriand worked together with le Corbusier, the Brazilian architect Lucio Costa and the French artist Fernand Leger. In 1940 she travels to Japan as an official advisor but is forced to leave Japan in 1942 labeled ‘an undesirable alien’. On her way back to Europe she is captured and forced into Vietnamese exile because of the war. Nevertheless she studies (woodwork and weaving), marries her second husband and gives birth to a daughter while in exile.
In 1998 she published her memoirs entitled ‘’Une vie de Souvenirs,’’ edited by Odile Jacob. She died October 27, 1999 in Paris.
- business associate/partner relationship with Costa, Lucio (born 27 February 1902)
- business associate/partner relationship with Le Corbusier (born 6 October 1887)
- business associate/partner relationship with Léger, Fernand (born 4 February 1881)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1940 (advisor on industrial design to the Ministry of Trade and Industry in Japan)
- Other Social 1942 (forced into excile Vietnam)
Birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'Artisanat d'art (religion3)' pdf file, p. 101, states 3AM.
Previously this entry had 3PM (Didier Geslain quotes B.R. No.637).
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Building Trades : Interior design
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoirs)