Pedro I, Emperor of Brazil
|Birthname||Pedro de Alcântara Francisco António|
|born on||12 October 1798 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°12' 25°48 Asc. 23°03'|
Portuguese Emperor, the ruler of Brazil.
Declaring Brazil an independent empire on 7 September 1822, Dom Pedro declared himself as king and was crowned 1 December 1822. After nine years of political turmoil, he abdicated in favor of his son, Pedro II, 7 July 1931.
Married Maria Leopoldina of Habsburg-Lorraine, they had seven children. She died during a miscarriage on 11 December 1826. He married his second wife, Amélie of Leuchtenberg, on 2 August 1829.
Dom Pedro died of tuberculosis on 24 September 1834 in Lisbon, Portugal.
- parent->child relationship with Januária, Princess of Brazil (born 11 March 1822)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Amélia, Princess of Brazil (born 1 December 1831)
- parent->child relationship with Maria II, Queen of Portugal (born 4 April 1819)
- parent->child relationship with Pedro II, Emperor of Brazil (born 2 December 1825)
- child->parent relationship with João VI, King of Portugal (born 13 May 1769)
- spouse relationship with Maria Leopoldine, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 January 1797). Notes: 1817-1826
- sibling relationship with Ana de Jesus Maria, Infanta of Portugal (born 23 October 1806)
- sibling relationship with Francisco Antonio, Prince of Beira (born 21 March 1795)
- sibling relationship with Isabel Maria, Infanta of Portugal (born 4 July 1801)
- sibling relationship with Maria da Assunção, Infanta of Portugal (born 25 June 1805)
- sibling relationship with Maria Francisca, Countess of Molina (born 22 April 1800)
- sibling relationship with Maria Isabel, Queen Consort of Spain (born 19 May 1797)
- sibling relationship with Maria Teresa, Infanta of Portugal (born 29 April 1793)
- sibling relationship with Miguel I, King of Portugal (born 26 October 1802)
- Relationship : Marriage 13 May 1817 (Maria Leopoldina of Habsburg-Lorraine, by proxy)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mate 11 December 1826 in Rio De Janeiro (Maria Leopoldina of Habsburg-Lorraine, miscarriage, age 29)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Marcello Borges quotes official records in national archives.
Sy Scholfield quotes same data from "Descendência d'El-Rei Dom João VI" by Frederico Gavazzo Perry Vidal (Edições INAPA, 1996), p. liii: "n. no Palacio Real da Quinta de Queluz, na Sala de D. Quixote, a 12 de outubro de 1798, 6 h. 30 m. da manhã."
Don Pedro de Alcantara Antonio Joao Carlos Zavier de Paula Miguel Rafael Joaquim Jose Gonzaga Pascoal Cipriano Serafin de Braganca e Bourbon.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two, Widowed 1st time)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Portugal)