|Birthname||Pathé, Charles Morand|
|born on||26 December 1863 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Chevry Cossigny, France, 48n43, 2e40|
|Timezone||LMT m2e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°04' 16°56 Asc. 20°57'|
French film pioneer who founded Pathé Freres Co with his three brothers in 1896 and began making short films by 1902. They soon became the largest movie producers in the business.
The son of a pork butcher and a cook, Pathe worked from age 12 as well as serving five years in the army. In 1894 he bought an Edison phonograph and became a dealer, exhibiting and selling the novelty items. By 1896 he included the sale of movie projectors, and directed a couple simple films himself.
When he and his brothers went into business they began practicing their craft, making one or two short films a day by 1902-03. The company expanded into foreign markets. Always a forerunner, Pathe developed color processing and went into the manufacturing of raw film and movie equipment. They became world known for their weekly newsreels.
He emigrated to the U.S. in 1914 and in 1918 they began selling off and closed out by 1929, when Pathe retired to the Riviera.
He died on 25 December 1957, Monte Carlo, Monaco.
- business associate/partner relationship with Méliès, Georges (born 8 December 1861)
- has other family relationship with Genevois, Simone (born 13 February 1912). Notes: Siblings-in-law
- (has as) worker relationship with Capellani, Albert (born 23 August 1874)
- Work : Start Business 1894 (Selling Edison phonograph's)
- Work : New Career 1902 (Began with film)
- Family : Change residence 1914 (Emmigrated to U.S.)
- Other Work 1918 (Began reducing inventory)
- Work : Retired 1929 (Retired on the Riviera)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher, also in Geslain archive.
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Business with his brothers)
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Worked from age 12)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 95)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Initiated film processes)