|Birthname||Parra, Derek Dwayne|
|born on||15 March 1970|
|Place||San Bernardino CA, USA, 34n07, 117w18|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°49' or|
American Olympics champion, setting a Gold Medal record for speed skating on 2/19/2001, after already collecting a silver medal ten days prior, Salt Lake Winter Olympics. He was particularly honored by the Hispanic community as the first Mexican-American to win an Olympics medal.
Derek left San Bernardino at 17, already a skater at the local roller-rink. He was a prize-winner at the Pan Am games in 1995 and began speed skating the following year.
Small in stature, modest and sincere, he praised his wife Tiffany for standing by him through tough times before reaching his pinnacle of success. They have a baby girl, Mia, born 12/14/2001.
- Work : Prize 1995 (Won in the Pan Am games)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 December 2001 (Daughter Mia born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes media for date; time unknown. No phone numbers available in San B. for parents, dad Gilbert Parra Sr. Stepmother Bertha. Cousin David Ortiz,agent Pat Quinn.
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold and Silver)
- Vocation : Sports : Skating (Ice, speed skating)
- Traits : Body : Race (Hispanic)