|born on||27 May 1932 at 02:50 (= 02:50 AM )|
|Place||Cornwall, England, 50n30, 4w40|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||05°33' 04°05 Asc. 23°40'|
British astrologer, well known along with his wife, Julia, for many years as charming mainstays of British astrology and co-author's of a large, coffee-table book on the subject. Derek is also the author of several biographies and edits "The Author," the journal of the Society of Authors. He is senior registrar of the Royal Literary Fund and is on the Council of the Royal Academy of Dancing. His latest biography, of Casanova, was published in February 2002 and he is at work on a biography of Benvenuto Cellini.
Prior to becoming a pro astrologer, Derek was a journalist and theater critic, working in TV and radio. In 1957, he married Julia and they moved to Cardiff, where he became a TV host and she worked on the TV set. They moved to London in 1959 where they became acquainted with astrology. He and Julia were asked to write the Complete Astrologer in 1970, which was published the following year. They have a town apartment in Kensington and also a very old listed cottage near Cambridge, with their fox terrier.
- spouse relationship with Parker, Julia (born 27 July 1932)
- Relationship : Marriage 1957 (Julia)
LMR quotes him at UAC 5/1998, time from his mother
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Articles, books)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (43 years by 2001)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none (No interest)