|Birthname||Alfredo James Pacino|
|born on||25 April 1940 at 11:02 (= 11:02 AM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°17' 21°41 Asc. 04°59'|
American actor, one of the most accomplished stars of his generation who remains a private, enigmatic figure. He is the recipient of eight Academy Award nominations and one win, for "Scent of a Woman." In spite of playing tough guy roles, he is actually very shy, a gentle and compassionate man.
The only child of Salvatore and Rose Pacino, raised in the mean streets of the Bronx by a single mom from the time he was two, he is an intense Sicilian with dark expressive eyes and a compact 5' 6" frame. With his mom sick, he dropped out of school at 17 to work as a janitor, movie usher, furniture mover and office worker to bring home an income. His studies at the New York actor's studio led to a small role in "Me, Natalie," in 1969, leading to "The Panic in Needle Park," 1971.
When he was selected to play in "The Godfather," 1972, it changed his life forever, not only winning him an Oscar nomination but directing his smoldering, subtle sensitivity into powerful portrayals of complex characters. He won a Tony in 1969 for his Broadway role in "Does the Tiger Wear a Necktie?" and a second Tony for "The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel." His films include "Serpico," 1973, "Dog Day Afternoon," 1975, and "Scent of a Woman," for which he won an Oscar as Best Actor on 3/29/1993.
With the first flush of stardom, Pacino went through the customary excesses of smoking, drinking and pills while everyone wanted a piece of him, which he felt as a chaos. He made a series of wrong choices in the '80s and it was not until "Donnie Brasco" in the '90s that he got back on track.
Pacino has had a long succession of women friends, mostly actresses. He has a daughter, Julie Marie, born in 1989 from his relationship with Jan Tarrant, but has never married. He and his girlfriend from 1997, Beverly D'Angelo, are the parents of twins by in vitro fertilization, a boy and a girl, on 1/25/2001 in Los Angeles. Both are healthy, in the five pound range. It was the first time of motherhood for D'Angelo, 46, who has been with the 60-year-old Pacino for three years since divorcing Italian Duke Lorenzo Salviati in 1995. She and Pacino have been living apart since March 2002 and are in ferocious debate over the custody of the twins, Anton and Olivia.
- lover relationship with Keaton, Diane (born 5 January 1946)
- Work : New Career 1969 (First small role in acting)
- Work : Prize 1969 (Tony award)
- Work : Gain social status 1972 (Release of "The Godfather")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 25 January 2001 (Twins born to girlfriend)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand, LMR
- Traits : Body : Other body (Intense eyes)
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (School dropout to help family)
- Traits : Personality : Private (Very private)
- Traits : Personality : Shy
- Family : Childhood : Only child
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Beverly D'Angelo)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Twins, boy and girl)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Parenting late more than 40 (Twins when he was 60)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job (As an actor)
- Lifestyle : Work : Many job changes (In his 20's)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Actor)
- Notable : Awards : Tony (1969)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession