|born on||12 September 1913|
|Place||Danville AL, USA, 34n24, 87w05|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
American premier track star, winning four Gold Medals in the 1936 Olympic games and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1976, the highest honor a U.S. civilian can receive. Owens was a son of a sharecropper and grandson of slaves, working his way up to the title of "fastest man on Earth."
"Jesse dedicated himself to upholding the Olympic ideal of sportsmanship and the American ideals of fair play, hard work and open competition," quoted from President George Bush.
Owens died of lung cancer 3/31/1980, Tucson, AZ.
- has played role of Harewood, Dorian (born 6 August 1950). Notes: Played movie role
- Work : Prize 1936 (Four Olympic Gold Medals, field and track)
- Work : Prize 1976 (Presidential Medal of Freedom)
Biography magazine Oct. 2000 pg. 72, no time
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Four Gold Medals)
- Notable : Awards : Medals (Presidential Medal of Freedom)
- Vocation : Sports : Track and Field (Famed, pro and Olympian)