|Birthname||Rame, Marie Louise|
|born on||1 January 1839 at 15:15 (= 3:15 PM )|
|Place||Bury St. Edmunds, England, 52n15, 0e43|
|Timezone||LMT m0e43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°36' 00°29 Asc. 03°05'|
British writer and popular novelist who began writing in 1859. Her first novel, "Held In Bondage," was published in 1863. From 1868 her series of popular novels increased in popularity.
In 1874, she moved to Florence. During her lifetime, she made and spent large amounts of money -- eventually dying in poverty in 1908, Italy. She died January 25, 1908 in Viareggio, Italy.
LMR quotes Monica Stirling, "The Life and Times of Ouida," 1958, p.17, for "Marie Louise Rame was born at a quarter past three on the afternoon of January 1, 1839, Bury St. Edmonds, Suffolk."
( BJA 2/1926 gives same. Same from Baily, quotes her "Memoirs" published by Fisher Unwin. AQ Fall 1954 quotes Vyonne French, "Ouida," for 2:30 PM. Modern Astrology 9/1914 quotes Elizabeth Lee, "Ouida, A Memoir," for 3:30 PM.)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to Italy)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Financial crisis (Spent large amounts of money)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs (Financially inept)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Nom de plume)