Ottina, John Renaldo
|Birthname||John Renaldo Ottina|
|born on||5 November 1931 at 23:11 (= 11:11 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°55' 22°09 Asc. 13°22'|
American business executive and civil servant, he was the 20th United States Commissioner of Education and Assistant Secretary of Administration and Management in the US Department of Health, Education and Welfare. Appointed by President Nixon in 1973, he had previously served as Deputy Commissioner beginning in 1970. With a B.A. in math, he also held a Ph.D. from the University of California in educational psychology. He began his career as a math teacher and then became a systems analyst, rising to become Chairman of Worldwide Information Systems until he left for Washington, DC in 1970 to take on his first government position. . In 1977 he left government service to work for American Management Systems. In 1990 he retired and turned to his hobby of working with his hand to create home furnishings.
He served in the military in the early 1950s during the Korean War.
Married twice and divorced once, he had three sons from his first wife.
He died at his Marshall, VA home on September 30, 2008 of pancreatic cancer.
- Death by Disease 30 September 2008 (Age 76, of pancreatic cancer)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1977 (Return to private industry)
- Work : Retired 1990
- Work : New Career 1970 (In governemnt service)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Business executive)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (U.S. Commissioner of Education)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Pancreatic cancer)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)