|Birthname||Mario Guerra Obledo|
|born on||9 April 1932 at 00:05 (= 12:05 AM )|
|Place||San Antonio, Texas, 29n25, 98w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°11' 23°51 Asc. 26°14'|
American civil rights leader, called the "Godfather of the Latino Movement" in the United States, credited with establishing numerous civic institutions and bringing Latino interests into the centre of the U.S. political arena. He also served as California's Secretary of Health and Welfare from 1975 to 1982 during the Jerry Brown Administration.
As an attorney, he was the head of the Mexican-American Legal Defense Fund. He was a Harvard law professor. In 1992, he moved into doing Immigration law.
Obledo died on 18 August 2010 in Sacramento, California, following a heart attack, at the age of 78.
- Work : New Career 1992 (Immigration law)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate .
Previously for this entry: Lilia Molina quotes him, B.C., client, for 12:01 AM.
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Harvard law)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Civil rights leader)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Head of Health & Welfare agency, CA)