|born on||17 March 1938 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Irkutsk, Russia, 52n16, 104e20|
|Timezone||AWST h8e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°57' 08°19 Asc. 22°24'|
Russian ballet dancer who had an outstanding technique and a compelling stage presence. He was considered one of the most famous dancers in the West and had a brilliant partnership with Margot Fonteyn. He trained in Leningrad and was a principal dancer in the Kiev Co. until 1962, at which time he sought asylum in France. He contacted AIDS, a revelation made public in October 1992, and he died of AIDS on 1/06/1993, Paris, France, age 54.
When he defected to the West he was penniless but then amassed a fortune of $7 million which he bequeathed to the nonprofit Rudolf Nureyev Dance Foundation. His relatives tried to block the gift, claiming that he was not sane at the time of his death but a federal ruling confirmed the will.
- associate relationship with Chauviré, Yvette (born 22 April 1917). Notes: Dance partner
- associate relationship with Graham, Martha (born 11 May 1894)
- lover relationship with Bruhn, Erik (born 3 October 1928)
- lover relationship with Walker, Patric (born 25 September 1931)
- other associate with Lommel, Daniel (born 26 March 1943). Notes: Co-dancers in Le Chant du compagnon errant
- (has as) student relationship with Dupond, Patrick (born 14 March 1959)
- Misc. : Great Insight 1945 (Age seven when he first saw ballet; magical)
- Health : Acute illness 1992 (AIDS)
Penfield Collection quotes "The Compleat Astrologer."" Dewey reports that he was born on a train near Lake Baikal. Fowler's gives a spec time of 6:16 AM. Marguerite Leisge at the Church of Light quotes him personally in 1977 that he does not know his time of birth.
Biography: Diane Solway, "Nureyev: His Life," 1998.
In 8/1999, Marc Penfield quotes a biography for "in the afternoon."
Sy Scholfield quotes "Nureyev: The Life" by Julie Kavanagh (Knopf Doubleday, 2011): "Rudolf Nureyev was 'shaken out of the womb' as the train ran alongside Lake Baikal around midday on March 17, 1938."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Aids
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Left an estate of $7 million)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Ballet)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (One of the most famous dancers in the world)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book