|born on||24 September 1931 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||00°21' 03°45 Asc. 03°03'|
British-American actor and singer. By age 30 he was a theatrical sensation, writing, directing and starring in the landmark 1962 Broadway hit, "Stop the World - I Want to Get Off." Though he never clicked as a Hollywood actor, he was a creative original.
Newley's second wife was actress Joan Collins; one daughter, one son. Their eight-year marriage ended in 1971. He had a third wife, Dareth Dunn; two kids. Born illegitimately in a working-class London neighborhood, he made a debut at 16 in the 1948 film classic "Oliver Twist." He relocated to Los Angeles in 1967 and became a fixture performing on the Las Vegas nightclub circuit.
On 14 April 1999, he died at his home in Islandia, Florida of cancer that had spread through his system. He was holding the hand of Gina Fratini, 67, his companion since 1993.
- spouse relationship with Collins, Joan (born 23 May 1933). Notes: 1963–1970, two daughters
- Work : New Job 1948 (Film debut, age 16)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1962 (Noted hit, "Stop the World-I Want to Get Off")
- Family : Change residence 1967 (Moved to L.A.)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1971 (Second marriage to Joan Collins ended)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1993 (Lived with Gina Fratini)
Lescaut, no source; same from Penfield as "personal," not confirmed
Sy Scholfield quotes from Stop the World: The Biography of Anthony Newley by Garth Bardsley (Oberon, 2003), p. 21: "In February of 1931 Gracie realised she was pregnant. . . . In the autumn of that year they took her to Homerton Hospital up Marsh Hill, a sad and desperately poor institution which Gracie described as a workhouse. There, on 24 September, her son was born."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (With Gina)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Second wife Joan Collins)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (England to U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Las Vegas nightclub)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Stage)