|Birthname||Graham William Nash|
|born on||2 February 1942 at 01:50 (= 01:50 AM )|
|Place||Blackpool, England, 53n50, 3w03|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||12°33' 20°13 Asc. 04°45'|
British-American musician and founding member of "Crosby, Stills & Nash" a trio that has a very unique, popular sound. A singer, songwriter and photographer, Nash is trying to move the world, a millimeter at a time.
The son of a warehouse manager who developed his own photographs at home, Nash began his dual interests in photography and music as a teenager. He was a member of "The Hollies" when he was brought to the U.S. by Mama Cass Elliot in 1968. Teaming up with David Crosby and Stephen Stills, they harmonized their way to three decades of popularity with their West Coast sound, occasionally working with Neil Young. Although they have separated and gotten back together many times over the years, the trio has deep feelings for one another and respect for each other's work. In 1975 after a two-year separation they reunited, recording all of their own musical compositions, with a $7 million, seven-album studio contract. Reunited in 1990, they recorded once more for the album "American Dream." The group is still touring in 1999.
Turning a hobby into a vocation, Nash started collecting photographs in 1971. It was almost a compulsion as he would leaf through auction catalogs before breakfast, checking off the photos he wanted. When the collection became too large to handle, he hired a curator who organized a traveling exhibition of his best photographs. They were on the road from 1978 to 1989 as a free exhibit. In the last week of April 1990 he sold 1,800 of his collected photos at a Sotheby's auction in New York for $2.4 million. The same week he had the first gallery showing of his own photography which amazed people due to his innovative printing techniques using an Apple computer and an inkjet printer. He is now renowned for his expertise in this printing process, which he calls "Nash Editions." A crusader from early on, Graham supports nuclear bans, ecology and children's causes. He was quoted as saying, "I never support individual candidates, I would rather stir up the masses." A great number of his songs have been politically motivated.
Married to Susan in 1976, they have three children. Son Jackson was the subject of one of his photographs in 1981. They have several houses in several states including California and Hawaii where they have a summer home that can be rented. The Nash's cat, Frogurt, appeared in the 1999 Purina Celebrity Cat Calendar.
While vacationing in Kauai with his wife and friends, September 1999, Nash broke both legs while boating off the island. After hitting a wave, Nash was thrown into the air and landed very hard inside the boat. He underwent surgery to insert pins into both legs and will require a wheelchair for a couple of months while undergoing physical therapy.
Nash has reunited with Crosby and Stills to release a new album "Looking Forward" 10/26/1999, to be followed by a U.S. tour; their first since 1974. Nash has said that they're "a little more mature, compassionate and sensitive of each other's feelings," He says that he is finally playing the guitar the way he had been striving to for 15 years and Crosby says that he will be "awake" for this tour, alluding to his former drug habit.
- associate relationship with Young, Neil (born 12 November 1945). Notes: Band mates in CSNY
- business associate/partner relationship with Crosby, David (born 14 August 1941)
- business associate/partner relationship with Stills, Stephen (born 3 January 1945). Notes: Band mates in CSNY
- lover relationship with Mitchell, Joni (born 7 November 1943). Notes: Former live-in lovers
- Social : Joined group 1968 (Sang with Mama Cass Elliot, member of "The Hollies")
- Social : Begin a program of study 1971 (Started his interests in photography)
- Social : Left group 1975 (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
- Relationship : Marriage 1976 (Susan)
- Social : Joined group 1977 (Crosby, Stills & Nash (Reunited))
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released April 1990 (Sold collection of photos at Sothby's)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) September 1999 (Boating accident, broke both legs)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 26 October 1999 (New album, "Looking Forward")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Linda Clark quotes him
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Pins in both legs, severe break, P.T.)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Susan since 1976)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Musical tours)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (England to U.S.)
- Lifestyle : Home : Home centered (Numerous homes)
- Vocation : Art : Photography (Pro., exhibited)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Crosby Stills & Nash)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book