Nagako, Empress of Japan
|born on||6 March 1905 at 06:25 (= 06:25 AM )|
|Place||Tokyo, Japan, 35n42, 139e46|
|Timezone||JST h9e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°39' 11°04 Asc. 20°28'|
Japanese royalty, the Empress Dowager Kōjun of Japan, wife of Emperor Hirohito. She was widowed with his death on 1/07/1989, 6:33 AM JST, Tokyo, Japan. Nagako was a witness to Japan's century of history, living through times that were tumultuous with a world war and a national rebirth as one of the world's richest countries.
A princess before she became Empress, Nagako was a modest wife who paid proper deference to her husband, but she and the Emperor were willing to break tradition. After they had four daughters, Hirohito declined the custom of taking a mistress to give him sons, and Nagako went on to have two more children - both boys.
In contrast to Hirohito, who was always scholarly and aloof, Nagako appeared in public with a big smile and a wave, winning the affection of her people. Nonetheless, when her son Akihito chose a commoner to become the next empress, she was disapproving.
Nagako saw her son Akihito became the 125th Emperor of Japan on 11/12/1990, enthroned in an ancient ceremony as a symbol rather than a living god with unlimited power, as in former Japanese history.
Age 95, Nagako began having trouble breathing on 6/15/2000 and fell into a coma. She died the following day at her home in Tokyo's royal palace.
- parent->child relationship with Akihito, Emperor of Japan (born 23 December 1933)
- parent->child relationship with Higashikuni, Shigeko (born 6 December 1925)
- parent->child relationship with Takatsukasa, Kazuko (born 30 September 1929)
- spouse relationship with Hirohito, Emperor of Japan (born 29 April 1901)
Yoshiko Mochizuki quotes a biography by Toshiaki Kawahara, a famous Japanese journalist, "The Nihon Keizai Shimbun," published by Bungei Shunjuu.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Lifetime marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Emporer Hirohito of Japan)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One lengthy marriage)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 95)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Japan)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women