|born on||24 December 1938 at 03:07 (= 03:07 AM )|
|Place||Bridgeport, Connecticut, 41n10, 73w12|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°52' 00°04 Asc. 09°50'|
American engineer, computer systems analyst, computer programmer and financial planner. Michael holds a B.S. in Marine (Mechanical) Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT, 1960; M.E.Ad. (Masters, Engineering Administration) George Washington U., Washington, DC, all work completed 1969.
Michael's job history includes his service as an officer in the U.S. Coast Guard, specialty Merchant Marine Inspection. He was Commanding Officer of the USCG Loran Station, (Izu) O'Shima, Honshu, Japan in 1963, Vietnam theater. The following year he left the Coast Guard to enroll at U. Chicago in Physics. He left the university in 1965 to work for IBM as a Systems Engineer, in sales in Arlington, VA, until 1969. He married Donna Ohl of Camp Hill, PA on 12/26/1964 and their son Stephen was born 2/10/1966 in DC: they divorced in 1978.
From 1969 to 1984, he worked for WMATA (The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority), which operates the subway and bus system in the greater DC area. His jobs included: Project Engineer for the installation of the (subway) train control (ATC) computer system; Project Engineer for the design and implementation of the first Automated Transit Information System (ATIS), which became the model for all such systems world-wide; Project Engineer for the rail car warranty system (MARS); consulting engineer for the first implemented automated driver and vehicle assignment system (RUCUS). He left WMATA in 1984 to work for The Mitre Corporation, McLean, VA where he was a Project Engineer for the implementation of the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) computer system used to adjudge (test load) future FAA computer purchases (HOST Load). In 1988 he left Mitre to work on astrological interests, and also work as a consultant engineer for the installation of automated transit information systems in New York, Chicago, and various other cities. Michael earned over six state and federal financial licenses in the mid-1990s to legally do financial consulting work, which helped him with his retirement planning and financial investment advice interests.
Michael began his astrological interest and career centered around the use of astrology in the stock markets in August, 1969. He studied Uranian Astrology with Charles Emerson and the NCGR Group in New York City 1970 to 1980+. He was awarded the PMAFA in 1972 and a Professional Astrologer's Certificate from The Astrologer's Guild in 1974. A member of the Board of Directors, he was an active participant in NCGR from 1972 through 1996, serving variously as Budget Director, Research Director, and Clerk. He created and implemented the "SIG" system used by NCGR. He was awarded the Matrix Software "Pioneer of Astrology" award in 1994 and won the Professional Astrologers Inc. "Outstanding Lecture of 1992" award.
Achieving NCGR Level IV in 1997, he was awarded the ISAR CAP in 2001. A Founding Member of the group which formed Kepler College in Seattle, Michael was a Member of the Kepler College Board of Directors, 1992 to 1995, a member of "The Founder's Circle" of Kepler College and the author of the Kepler College By-Laws and Constitution. He was supervisor of the Research Track for UAC in 1987, 1990, and 1993 and was nominated for a UAC Regulus Award in 1999 and in 2002. He has written many computer programs used for researching various astrological techniques.
Books published: "Midpoints, Unleashing the Power of the Planets," 1991; "The Concept Dictionary," 1991; "The Astrological Thesaurus, Book One, House Keywords," 1992. He is a contributor to various astrological anthologies and is astrological consultant for the compatibility website: www.compatti.com.
His major astrological interests include: the Theory of Keywords; House Systems; Business and Stock Market Astrology, including collecting company data; Natal Consultations; Astrological Compatibility; Harmonics;
Astrological Ethics; Rectification; and designing measurement systems which can be used for adjudging the effectiveness of various astrological techniques.
- Social : End a program of study 1960 at 12:00 midnight in New London, CT (B.S. Mechanical Engineering Degree)
- Work : New Job 1963 (Commanding Officer)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1964 (Univeristy of Chicago)
- Relationship : Marriage 26 December 1964 at 12:00 noon in Camp Hill, PA (First marriage, Donna Ohl)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1965 at 12:00 midnight in Arlington, VA (IBM, Systems Engineer, four years)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 10 February 1966 at 12:00 noon in Washington, DC (Son Stephen born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : End a program of study 1969 (Masters in Engineering Administration, George Washington University, D.C.)
- Work : New Job 1969 (WMATA, 15 years)
- Work : Begin Major Project August 1969 (Computer astrological stock market work)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : Joined group 1970 at 12:00 midnight in New York, NY (NCGR, over ten years)
- Work : Prize 1972 (PMAFA award)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1972 (Began working for NCGR in various positions, 24 years)
- Work : End Major Project 1974 (Professional Astrologers Certificate)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1978 (From Donna)
- Work : New Job 1984 at 12:00 midnight in McLean, VA (Project Engineer, Mitre Corp., four years)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1988 (Began astrological interests)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Published book, Midpoints)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 (Astrological book released)
- Work : Prize 1992 (Outstanding Lecture of the Year award)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Astrological book released)
- Work : Prize 1994 (Matrix Software "Pioneer of Astrology" award)
- Work : Gain social status 1997 (NCGR Level IV achieved)
- Work : Prize 2001 (ISAR CAP award)
LMR quotes him 1/2002: recorded: 3:10:00 AM; rectified: 03:07:13 AM
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Engineering and management degrees)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Vocation : Business : Consultant (Pro, website, financial, engineering)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Stockbroker (Stock market consultant)
- Vocation : Computer : Programmer (Analyst)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Kepler College founder's circle)
- Vocation : Engineer : Mechanical (Project engineer)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy, Coast Guard, Vietnam)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Area transit authority)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Articles, books)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Numerous astrological awards)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection