|Birthname||Mulliez, Gerard Paul Louis Marie-Joseph|
|born on||13 May 1931 at 04:15 (= 04:15 AM )|
|Place||Rubaix, France, 50n42, 3e10|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°24' 00°39 Asc. 26°29'|
French industrialist, began his commercial career as a director of knitting machine manufacturing, 1956-1958 then Sales Director, 1958-1960. He is the son of manufacturer Gérard Mulliez, founder of Phildar.
On 7/06/1961, he founded Auchan, the first supermarket in Haut-Champs in the suburbs of Roubaix. In January of 1999 it was estimated that Mulliez owned 207 hypermarkets, 531 supermarkets and 498 convenience stores in France and throughout Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Hungary, Mexico, Argentina, the U.S.A., Thailand, China and Luxembourg). In 1998 a total of 110,000 employees worked for Auchan and they had a $23 billion turnover.
- Work : New Career 1956 (Director of knitting machines)
- Work : New Job 1958 (Sales director)
Petitallot quotes B.C., Cadran No. 24, 11/1995
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales (Director, initially)
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Food industry stores)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Owned 1,236 stores, 110,000 employees)