|Birthname||Roger George Moore|
|born on||14 October 1927 at 00:45 (= 12:45 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°41' 04°00 Asc. 19°46'|
British actor, most noted for his role as James Bond, agent .007 in the film series and for his leading role as Simon Templar in the TV series "The Saint." Appearances in other films include "Act of Violence," 1949, "The Last Time I Saw Paris," 1954, "The Miracle," 1959, "The Sins of Rachel Cade," 1961, "Gold," 1974, "Crossplot," 1969 and "Sherlock Holmes in New York," 1976. He received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Palm Beach International Film Festival's Grand Gala on 4/12/1997 and Commander of the British Empire Award in March, 1999.
The son of London policeman, Moore entered art school at 15 with the intention of becoming a painter. After serving as an apprentice at an animation studio, his first experience with acting was as an extra in crowd scenes in the mid '40s. Following his training as an actor at the Royal Academy of Drama, he appeared in bit roles in London's West End. At the closing days of WW II, he was inducted into the British army where he served in the rank of Second Lieutenant with a Combined Services Entertainment Unit in Germany. Returning to civilian life he worked sporadically in theater, radio and television while moonlighting as a model and salesman to supplement his income.
After moving to the U.S. in 1953, Moore signed a contract with MGM and played supporting roles in several films. His big break came in a TV series in 1957-58, "Ivanhoe" followed by "The Alaskans," 1959-1960 and "Maverick," 1960-61. It was his role of Simon Templar in the TV series "The Saint," 1962-69 that catapulted him to stardom. His studio contract prevented him from accepting the earlier Bond roles, but the role of James Bond was offered to him seven times thereafter in films including "Live and Let Die," 1973, "The Man With The Golden Gun," 1974, "The Spy Who Loved Me," 1977, "For Your Eyes Only," 1981 and "A View To Kill," 1985. The following year the role of James Bond went to actor Timothy Dalton.
Moore has acted sporadically since 1987 and in 1993 he replaced Audrey Hepburn as Special Representative for the Film Arts for UNICEF.
He left his first wife, Luisa, for Danish socialite Christina Tholstrup after 20 years of marriage, giving up three kids, (Deborah, Geoffrey and Christian), $13 million dollars and a two million dollar mansion as a settlement. He and his third wife make their home in Gstaad, Switzerland, as well as London, Beverly Hills and South France.
The British actor was knighted on June 14, 2003 by Queen Elizabeth II in London. Sir Roger was the second James Bond, agent 007 in the film series and played the part of Simon Templar in the TV series "The Saint." Just three months ago, on May 7, 2003, Moore collapsed during a Broadway performance and was fitted with a pacemaker the following day.
- Relationship : Marriage 1953 (Second marriage Dorothy Squires)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1957 (TV series "Ivanhoe")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1960 (TV series "Maverick")
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1969 (From Dorothy)
- Relationship : Marriage 1969 (Third marriage Luisa Mattioli)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 (Bond movie "The Man With the Golden Gun")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1977 (Bond movie "The Spy Who Loved Me")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Last Bond movie "A View to a Kill")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 (Movie "Dynamite")
- Work : New Job 1993 (Spec. Representative to UNICEF)
Steinbrecher quotes Talia Shire, from him 8/1989
(Formerly, American Book of Charts had given 1:00 AM from Mary Frances Wood in Astrology Guide 3/1975; same from Penfield Collection as "recorded.")
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Handsome, suave)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Balding when older)
- Family : Relationship : Divorce bitter (Costly at $13 million and a mansion)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Married to Luisa for 20 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Home : Home centered (Homes in London, Beverly Hills, Gstaad and So. France)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (To support himself while acting)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV, over 45 films)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Secondary, initially)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Several series)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Some narratives)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Secondary)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II, Lt.)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Lifetime Achievement Award, British Empire Award)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book