|Birthname||Thurston Joseph Moore|
|born on||25 July 1958 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Coral Gables, Florida, 25n43, 80w16|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°28' 03°13 Asc. 15°02'|
American musician best known as a singer, songwriter and guitarist of Sonic Youth.
He has also participated in many solo and group collaborations outside of Sonic Youth, as well as running the Ecstatic Peace! record label. Moore was ranked 34th in Rolling Stone's 2004 edition of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time." In May 2012, Spin published a staff-selected top 100 ranking Moore and his Sonic Youth bandmate Lee Ranaldo together on number 1.
In 2012, Moore started a new band Chelsea Light Moving, with their first track, "Burroughs", released as a free download. Chelsea Light Moving's eponymous debut was released on 5 March 2013.
In 1984, Moore married Sonic Youth bassist/vocalist Kim Gordon. The pair have a daughter, Coco Hayley Gordon Moore (born 1 July 1994). On October 14, 2011, the couple announced that they were separating.
- associate relationship with McCombs, Cass (born 13 November 1977). Notes: Musical collaboration
- business associate/partner relationship with Ranaldo, Lee (born 3 February 1956). Notes: Band mates in Sonic Youth
- spouse relationship with Gordon, Kim (born 28 April 1953)
- Work : Begin Major Project 8 May 1981 in Manhattan (Sonic Youth live debut at Club 57)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes Kim Gordon in "Sonic Youth" by Stephen Dalton, The Times, September 2005: "We [Thurston Moore and I] both have Capricorn rising." Article found at the Rock Backpage's website.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (guitarist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.