|born on||22 May 1928 at 09:10 (= 09:10 AM )|
|Place||Cambridge (Middlesex County), Massachusetts, 42n22, 71w06|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°10' 12°52 Asc. 25°01'|
American astrologer and occultist in Yoga and Samadhi therapy whose first book was "Astrology: The Divine Science," written with her husband at the time, Marc Douglas. She also wrote "Hypersentience."
Marcia was the daughter of hotel magnate Sheraton and the sister of writer and family black sheep Robin Moore; the second of four kids and the only girl. All four of the kids had celiac pancreas (poor digestion) that they outgrew by age seven. She was into esoteric interests by the time she was age 14-15, becoming acquainted with the works of Alice Bailey.
Spring of 1946 she met her first husband whom she married on 7/12/1947. They had a daughter on 11/15/1948, a cello player in junior orchestras. At age 20, she had an operation for cysts, and had a miscarriage. She felt trapped with years hard to remember. Her husband was a drinker and an abusive husband, falling into dark moods. She had a total of three kids and three miscarriages.
Marcia remembers the best year as 1954 when the whole family went to India for 2 1/2 years. The year 1957 was also a happy time. In September 1960 she joined an Astro-Dynamic group. Her interest in astrology had begun in 1945 and she studied more thoroughly after 1956. She went back to Radcliffe in 1958-60, graduating in 1960. After 14 years of marriage, she divorced in 1961. She was deeply into Yoga by then, and there were always groups and long-staying guests in her big old house; always people around and discussions going on.
She made a second marriage June 1962 to December 1965 that she did not note as memorable to her life's journey. She reached a low point in 1965 where she felt that she just gave up. In the Autumn, she had met Mark Douglas who helped her clean and paint the house. The restoration of the house seemed to restore her spirit, and on 1/10/1966 she married Mark, moving to Maine in June. She left the house where she had lived for 15 years.
The following year was stressful, working on the book "Diet, Sex and Yoga." In May 1972, she had a small growth removed from her face.
Marcia started her hypersentience Bulletin in 1975, a newsletter for those of life interest in the occult. She had a few affairs, with Akeva and with Lynn Powell, but married Dr. Howard Alltounian in the late '70s. They lived a reclusive life in Washington state as she was writing "Journeys Into the Bright World," while taking Ketamine, a heavy tranquilizer that induces altered states. On 1/14/1979, she disappeared. Her husband, Howard, arrived home at 1:00AM on 1/15/1979 after having been gone a few hours at the movies. As Moore was gone, he called the police at 4:38 AM in Everette, WA. On the same day, 1/15/1979, at 12:10 PM, he called astrologer Liz Jenkins in Seattle with the horary question of "Where is Marcia?"
No trace was found. Everyone was investigated and cleared of suspicion. Both her disappearance and death were mysterious as her skull was found two years later, on 3/20/1981, when a bulldozer was clearing nearby land for a building project.
- spouse relationship with Alltounian, Howard (born 13 June 1937). Notes: Happy
- spouse relationship with Douglas, Mark (born 3 February 1927)
- sibling relationship with Moore, Robin (born 31 October 1925)
LMR quotes her 1972, (a date-twin)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Ketamine)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of four kids)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Robin Moore a known writer)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four marriages)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Domestic violence (First husband abusive)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages (Three miscarriages)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three kids)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Sheraton fortune)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Missing person (Age 50)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Metaphysical
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Meditation (Yoga)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : New Age
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women