|Birthname||Santo Silas, Maria Antonia Garcia Van Dahl de|
|born on||6 June 1920 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Barahona, Dom.Rep., 18n12, 71w06|
|Timezone||LMT m71w06 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°57' 14°08 Asc. 06°25'|
Dominican actress who was an exotic Hollywood leading lady seen mainly in hokum adventures. Her debut came with the 1941 film, "The Invisible Woman," but she went on to do other films such as "Cobra Woman" and "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves," both in 1944.
She was educated at a convent in Santa Cruz de Teverite in the Canary Islands. Coming from a wealthy family with large vineyards, she spoke French, English, Italian and Spanish and, after graduating with a B.S., joined her father at his post in Ireland.
She married a wealthy Irish banker who was twice her age. She bored of the marriage after two years and after she had it annulled by the Roman Catholic church, moved to New York on 7/03/1939. Montez married Jean Pierre Aumont on 7/13/1943 and had one daughter, Maria Christina, on 2/14/1946.
She died young and under mysterious circumstances as she drowned in her bathtub, allegedly from a heart attack, on 9/07/1951.
- Death, Mysterious 7 September 1951 (Drowned in bath tub, possible heart attack)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 February 1946 (Daughter born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Robert Kendall sends clippings, "Born at precisely eight PM on June 6, 1920 as Maria Gracia; she believed that being born on the dot of eight gave her indominable courage. She was the third of ten children born to Ysidoro Gracia, the Spanish delegate to the Donomican Republic."
(Lescaut quotes CA/1935 for June 6, 1912, 6:00 PM LMT, "personal information," not confirmed)
Sy Scholfield quotes her websites "Maria Montez, The Queen of Technicolor" (http://www.netzal.com/familia/familia.asp) and "Maria Montez: A Dominican Star" (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/2892/rhys.html), for: Maria Montez, Born "Maria Africa Gracia Vidal" on 6 June 1912, Barahona, Dominican Republic, from the biography, "MARÍA MONTEZ: Su Vida", by Margarita
Vicens de Morales. The time of birth does not seem to be included in the book."
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Mysterious)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Wealthy family)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Canary Islands, Ireland to U.S.)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Drowning)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Possible heart attack)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage two years, annulled)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One annullment)