|Birthname||Norma Jeane Mortenson|
|born on||1 June 1926 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°27' 19°06 Asc. 13°04'|
American actress, model, and singer, who became a major sex symbol, starring in a number of commercially successful motion pictures during the 1950s and early 1960s. She was the subject of a lush nude calendar, photographed on 5/27/1949.
Marilyn was born in the charity ward of the Los Angeles General Hospital. Both her mom and her grandmom suffered from mental illness, probably manic depression. She maintained that one of her earliest memories was that of her mom trying to smother her with a pillow. Her mom paid a couple $25 a week to take care of her and she lived with these foster parents until she was seven. After her mom was hospitalized with a breakdown, Norma Jeane was placed in an orphanage and a series of foster homes, where she was sexually assaulted several times. She later said she had been raped when she was 11.
She left school with a youthful and short marriage at the age of 15 to merchant marine James Dougherty. Only 5' 1", she matured early into a shapely 110 lbs. Deeply insecure about her abilities, she was chronically late. When astrologer Richard Ideman remarked that New York was a lonely town, she said, "Any town is lonely when you don't know who you are." She had, nonetheless, a sly wit; once asked by a reporter what she wore to bed, she replied "Chanel No.5." Her drug and alcohol dependency was long-standing and well known among her intimates.
Marilyn made a second marriage to baseball player Joe DiMaggio, then to writer Arthur Miller (a NY Times article gave June 29, 1956, 7:21 PM in White Plains, NY). She was romantically involved at one time or another to Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra, Yves Montand and director Elia Kazan.
Hundreds of biographies have been written about her by everyone from her lovers to her plumber. One lesbian relationship was related in a biography by her maid.
Historians find no documented evidence that Marilyn had an affair with Robert Kennedy, though there is credible evidence that she was intimate with John Kennedy, starting sometime in the 1950s. By the '60s, the relationships was so obvious that aides warned him to be more discreet. During the Thousand Days of his administration they continued to meet, though not at the White House, and she told her friends about the trysts.
She met Robert Kennedy in February 1962 and many reports state that he soon shared her favors. By early summer she was telling friends that he would marry her. They were together at the home of Peter Lawford in late June and then, suddenly, both brothers cut her off and she was told to not contact either of them again. She began trying, without success, to reach Bobby by phone. She slumped into a deep depression, survived a drug overdose and told friends she had had an abortion. A close friend later recalled that "she looked like death."
The gossip continued for years that she was intimate with both Kennedy men and that they were involved in her death. She possessed handwritten notes from Bobby and had kept a diary. She was privy to numerous secrets about the Kennedys and their underworld connections. Moreover, she was unstable and might talk at any time. A world-famed celebrity, the actress had the power to do incalculable damage to the Kennedy image.
Monroe died of a drug overdose on 8/05/1962, Hollywood, CA. The prior night she had called Lawford about 10:00 PM, expressing fear that she had taken too many sleeping pills. She died sometime that night and about 3:00 AM, her housekeeper called her psychiatrist. She was found in her bed, nude, with a telephone in her hand. At 4:25 AM the housekeeper called the police. Her diary and personal notes were never found.
- associate relationship with Bacall, Lauren (born 16 September 1924). Notes: co-stars in "How To Marry a Millionaire"
- associate relationship with Curtis, Tony (born 3 June 1925). Notes: co-stars in "Some Like It Hot"
- associate relationship with Gable, Clark (born 1 February 1901). Notes: co-stars in "The Misfits"
- associate relationship with Grable, Betty (born 18 December 1916). Notes: Co-star in "How to Marry a Millionaire"
- associate relationship with Nixon, Marni (born 22 February 1930). Notes: dubbed her voice
- associate relationship with Russell, Jane (born 21 June 1921). Notes: co-stars in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
- friend relationship with Lawford, Peter (born 7 September 1923)
- friend relationship with Martin, Dean (born 7 June 1917)
- friend relationship with Sinatra, Frank (born 12 December 1915)
- friend relationship with Strasberg, Susan (born 22 May 1938)
- lover relationship with Kennedy, John F. (born 29 May 1917). Notes: alleged
- lover relationship with Montand, Yves (born 13 October 1921)
- child->parent relationship with Monroe, Gladis (born 27 May 1902)
- spouse relationship with DiMaggio, Joe (born 25 November 1914). Notes: Bitter
- spouse relationship with Miller, Arthur (born 17 October 1915). Notes: Bitter
- sibling relationship with Baker, Berniece (born 30 July 1919)
- other kin relationship with DiMaggio, Joseph (born 23 October 1941)
- Crime : Sex Victimization/Rape 1937 (Raped at 11)
- Relationship : Marriage 14 January 1954 at 12:00 noon in San Francisco, Ca (Joe DiMaggio)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 29 June 1956 at 7:21 PM in White Plains, NY (Arthur Miller)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Bob Garner. Photo of B.C. in "The Curious Death of Marilyn Monroe."
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Hair (Platinum blonde, naturally brunette)
- Traits : Body : Handedness (Left)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (soft, sultry voice)
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (dropped out of high school)
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Traits : Personality : Personality vulnerable (Wanted approval)
- Traits : Personality : Shy (until in front of the camera)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Cosmetic surgery
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Drugs)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Anxiety Disorder (Insecure)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Stutter, Tics (Stuttered)
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Neglect
- Family : Childhood : Abuse-Sexual (outside of family) (1935)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Mom and grandmom mentally ill)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Foster homes)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (two older half-siblings)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage short)
- Family : Relationship : Married early less than 18 (just turned 16)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual (Allegedly)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many lovers)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (possibilities of accidental overdose or homicide have not been ruled out)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (legally changed from Norma Jeane Baker to Marilyn Monroe)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (performances)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (3 Golden Globes)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women