Mobley, Mary Ann
|born on||17 February 1937 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Biloxi MS, USA, 30n23, 88w53|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°51' 25°41 Asc. 07°26'|
American beauty queen, voted Miss America in 1959.
Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 1962, she went public about 1984 with her first-hand experience with the inflammatory bowel disorder, educating the public with lectures and public appearances. Crohn's patients look normal, so do not get the understanding and sympathy that one would who was obviously handicapped, however it causes intense pain and anemia that is totally enervating, leading to severe depressions. She herself has stood on stage at times in total agony with a professional smile on her face, and about once a year ends up in the hospital.
Despite the painful and debilitating disease, she has pursued an award-winning career as a film, stage and TV actress and a make of documentaries that show the circumstances of deprived kids around the world.
Mobley is a mother and is the wife of Gary Collins, host of the popular "Home Show" on TV.
- Work : Prize 1959 (Miss America)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1962 (Crohn's Disease)
- Social : Secrets revealed 1984 (Went public about her disease)
Dana Haynes quotes her, client
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Miss America)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Gary Collins)
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Miss America)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Lectures and public appearances)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bowel (Crohn's Disease)