|Birthname||Edgar Dean Mitchell|
|born on||17 September 1930 at 04:30 (= 04:30 AM )|
|Place||Hereford, Texas, 34n49, 102w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°48' 13°54 Asc. 27°20'|
American astronaut who, through an Apollo flight, became the sixth man on the Moon on 1/31/1971. He also worked as an aeronautical engineer and as a Doctor of Science, teaching at the college level. From 1952-1959 he served in the U.S. Navy and, from 1964-1965, he worked as a project manager with the Navy's Field Office; he was in charge of the Manned Orbiting Lab.
"Gazing through 240,000 miles of space toward the stars and planet from which I had come, "he once said, "I suddenly experiences the universe as intelligent, loving, harmonious." Mitchell is among those who believe aliens have crash-landed on earth. He wants to see congressional hearings into what he calls a secret the U.S. government knows all about. He believes some military and other planes use technology derived from alien space-craft that have been captured and dissected.
In 1972, Mitchell resigned from the astronaut corps after six years and a year later, founded the Institute of Noetic Sciences to investigate relationships between science and spirituality.
Married to his third wife, Sheilah Ann Ledbetter - a Playboy bunny turned Yoga instructor who took him to court on a paternity charge five years before they married - Mitchell also has two grown kids and makes his living as a management and technology consultant.
- business associate/partner relationship with Roosa, Stuart (born 16 August 1933). Notes: Apollo 14 mission
- business associate/partner relationship with Shepard, Alan (born 18 November 1923). Notes: Apollo 14 mission
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher; same in Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : New Age (Believes in UFOs)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)
- Vocation : Engineer : Aerospace
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Travel : Astronaut
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Astronaut)