|Birthname||Matthew John Mitcham|
|born on||2 March 1988 at 00:36 (= 12:36 AM )|
|Place||Brisbane, Australia, 27s28, 153e02|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°14' 18°55 Asc. 04°15'|
Australian diver and entertainer. As the 2008 Olympic champion in the 10 metre platform, he received the highest single-dive score in Olympic history. He is the first Australian male to win an Olympic gold medal in diving since Dick Eve at the 1924 Summer Olympics.
He publicly came out as gay in 2008 to the Sydney Morning Herald when it was profiling Olympic hopefuls. During the 2008 Beijing Olympics, he was also featured on the cover of the international gay publication The Advocate. Mitcham was one of only ten openly gay athletes competing in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
In November 2012, Mitcham published an autobiography entitled "Twists and Turns." In 2013, he performed as an MC during the Melbourne Cabaret Festival, and they subsequently assisted him to turn his autobiography into a cabaret show. The show has toured Australia and notably featured in the 2015 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras festival.
In January 2016, Mitcham announced his retirement from diving with plans to continue his career as a cabaret performer and entertainer.
- Work : Prize 2008 (Olympic champion in the 10 metre platform)
Sy Scholfield quotes time of birth from Mitcham posted by him on his official Facebook profile in response to Scholfield's inquiry.
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Cabaret)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Sports : Water sports (diver)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Twists and Turns")
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (2008 Olympic champion in the 10 metre platform)