|Birthname||George Lawrence Mikan|
|born on||18 June 1924 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Joliet, Illinois, 41n32, 88w05|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°13' 19°46 Asc. 10°45'|
American basketball player, a center originally with the Chicago Bears of the NBL, but most notably with the Minnesota Lakers. He was the original archetypal pro basketball star, 6 ft 10 inches tall. Mikan won seven Championships in three different leagues, Hall of Fame, NBA 25th, 35th and 50th Anniversary All-Time Team. Originally awkward and shy, Mikan practiced long and hard to make it to All American.
After his retirement from pro basketball, Mikan became a corporate and real estate lawyer. In addition, he owned a travel agency and made an unsuccessful bid for a Congressional seat. From 1967-1969, he was the first commissioner of
the American Basketball Association.
He and his wife had six children. He suffered from diabetes and in the late 1990s had a leg amputated. The Minneapolis Lakers superstar died at age 80 on June 1, 2005 at a Scottsdale, Arizona rehabilitation center. He had been suffering from kidney failure and other complications of diabetes and died just two weeks before his 81st birthday.
- child relationship with Mikan, Larry (born 8 April 1948)
- Work : Gain social status 1967 (First Commissioner of the ABA)
- Death by Disease 1 June 2005 (Age 80 of complications from diabetes in Scottsdale, AZ)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Body : Constitution hardy (Basketball player)
- Traits : Body : Size (6' 10" tall)
- Traits : Personality : Persistent
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Legs (amputated in the late 1990s)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (58 years at his death)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six, four boys and two girls)
- Lifestyle : Work : Stressful work
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Basketball team)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Nearly 81)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Real estate
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball
- Vocation : Sports Business : Other Sports Business (Commissioner of the ABA)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Basketball)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Seven championships)