Michelle de Valois
|born on||11 January 1395 Jul.Cal. (19 Jan 1395 greg.) at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°57' 22°56 Asc. 07°32'|
French royalty, a Duchess consort of Burgundy.
She was a daughter of Charles VI of France and Isabeau of Bavaria. In June 1409, Michelle married the future Philip III, Duke of Burgundy, later known as Philip the Good. She became melancholic in 1419 following the involvement of her brother, the future King Charles VII of France, in the murder of her father-in-law, John the Fearless. Michelle had borne a daughter, Agnes, but she died in infancy.
Michelle fell ill and died in Ghent on 8 July 1422 while her husband was away preparing for the battle of Cone. After her death, it was believed she had been poisoned by a lady attendant from Germany, Dame de Viesville, a close confidante who had been dismissed to Aire just before Michelle's death. The lady was never charged.
- child->parent relationship with Charles VI, King of France (born 3 December 1368 Jul.Cal. (11 Dec 1368 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Catherine de Valois, Queen (born 27 October 1401 Jul.Cal. (5 Nov 1401 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charles VII, King of France (born 22 February 1403 Jul.Cal. (3 Mar 1403 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Isabel de Valois, Queen (born 9 November 1389 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1389 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Jean de France (born 31 August 1398 Jul.Cal. (8 Sep 1398 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Jeanne de France (born 24 January 1391 Jul.Cal. (1 Feb 1391 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louis de Guyenne (born 22 January 1397 Jul.Cal. (30 Jan 1397 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Marie de France (born 22 August 1393 Jul.Cal. (30 Aug 1393 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Annales de la monarchie française" by Henri-Philippe de Limiers (L'Honoré et Chatelain, 1724), p. 65: "naquit en l'Hôtel de S. Paul à Paris l'onziéme de janvier sur les huit heures du soir l'an 1394." However, most biographies state 1395, and indeed her older sister Mary was born 22 August 1393 making a January 1394 birth date for Michelle highly unlikely.
Scholfield also quotes from "Courts, Counties and the Capital in the Later Middle Ages" by Diana E. S. Dunn (Sutton, 1996), p. 221: "11 January 1395, at around eight o'clock in the evening, Isabeau gave birth to her seventh child."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family