Mérode, Cléo de
|Birthname||Cléopatra-Diane de Mérode|
|born on||27 September 1875 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°14' 13°32 Asc. 12°04'|
French dancer in the Follies Bergiere and a famous courtesan of the period. A contemporary of George Sand and Victor Hugo, she had a noted affair with King Leopold of Belgium. Merode had a wholesome beauty with long dark hair. She published her memoirs in 1955.
Merode died 17 October 1966, Paris, France.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1955 (Published her memoirs)
Birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'danseurs' pdf file, p. 98-99.
The photocopy of the BC in the Geslain archive is hard to read so Sy Scholfield viewed the birth certificate (no. 2719) in the online Paris archive to confirm "sept heures du soir" (seven o'clock in the evening). p. 6.
Prevously, this entry had 5:05pm rated C (Orig source not known): Modern Astrology 7/1907 quotes a subscriber. SS No.676 gives 5:10 PM, San Francisco, CA.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Noted)
- Vocation : Sex Business : Courtesan/ Escort
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoirs)